Master's in Innovation and Global Sustainable Development
If you are enrolled in this programme, you will have an opportunity to apply to a Double Degree with Aalborg University. After completing the first year in Lund, you take your third semester (30 credits of course work) at Aalborg University and return back to Lund for the fourth and final semester of your programme. You apply in February, during your second semester.
The program is collaborating with Aalborg University, MIKE program – www.mike.aau.dk. In addition to the degree MSc in Innovation and Global Sustainable Development issued by Lund, parttaking students will also receive one of the following degrees from Aalborg University:
- MSc in Economics (Innovation, Knowledge and Economic Dynamics)
- MSc in Economics and Business Administration (Innovation, Knowledge and Entrepreneurial Dynamics)
Information regarding Aalborg University is available in Exchange Database.
Requirements to apply
- Student is registered for full-time studies within the program at the School of Economics and Management.
- Student has completed semester 1.
- Student fulfills the language requirements as set by the host university
- Student has not already been on exchange through the Master in Innovation and Global Sustainable Development program.
Requirements to go
All nominations are conditional, i.e. students need to have passed semester 1 and 2 to be able to go. Individual exceptions for Master Essay 1 can be made if approved by program director.
Students will be enrolled in following courses, within the Module of Institutions, Innovation and Development.
- Contemporary Issues in Innovation and Development Research and Policy.
- Data Science and Advanced Methods for Studying Innovation and Development.
- Semester project within the theme: Institutions, Innovation and Development.
You have the option to study any advanced course that you have an interest in, within the MIKE-E and MIKE-B program (electives) to either broaden your field of expertise or further deepen your specialization with courses that are not offered in Lund. Example of courses available: Executing Entrepreurial ideas, Innovation Management etc.
Students should not study the same courses on exchange as they have already studied in Lund, i.e. no overlapping of courses. All courses have to be approved by the program director.
Students who do not pay tuition fees in Sweden are not required to pay tuition fees at the host university. Tuition-fee-paying students who are citizens of a non-EU/EEA country must pay a tuition fee to Lund University during their exchange semester, but not to Aalborg University.
If you are eligible to receive Swedish study aid, CSN, you will still be able to receive your monthly payments while you are in Aalborg.
All students, regardless of citizenship, can apply for the Erasmus scholarship. The scholarship is a grant to cover extra costs incurred in connection with your stay abroad. The application is to be made online after you have been awarded an exchange place.
Scholarships are usually paid in two instalments: a basic grant amounting to 70% of the total scholarship is paid in connection with the start of the semester abroad; the remainder is paid after the completion of the exchange semester, once a confirmation of your study period has been submitted. The scholarship will be paid on the 25th of the month when your studies begin at the earliest. The application round for scholarship opens in May for the autumn semester.
Residence permit and Student Visa
If you are a non-EU citizen with a Swedish residence permit, there are a couple of things that you need to be aware of. Contact Lund University’s migration expert Louise Corrigan before you leave for your semester abroad, to make sure that you are on top of the situation.
Students of most nationalities need to apply for a student visa to study in Australia. You will find more information on how to apply, requirements, costs etc here.
Application procedures to study in Aalborg during fall semester 2019
Application is open 11-15 February.
1. Access the online application system.
2. Create an account and log in during the application period to fill in your personal information and upload your supporting documents. Select Aalborg University from the list of universities. Instructions on how to submit your application available here.
The application should include:
2. Short motivational letter, not more than one page.
A confirmation e-mail with information if you have been admitted to the exchange program will be sent out within the month of February.
For questions, contact Cristina Chaminade or the International Office at LUSEM.