Welcome to the course ''Advanced Quantum mechanics II" homepage.
This course is a continuation of Advanced Quantum Mechanics (FMFN01, LTH) or Quantum Mechanics (FYSN17, N-fak).
- undamental concepts and quantum dynamics: momentum as generator of space translation, Hamiltonian as generator of time translation, time evolution, Schrödinger vs Heisenberg pictures
- Propagators and Feynman path integrals
- Theory of angular momentum: Rotations and angular momentum commutation relations, Euler rotations, representations of rotation operator, angular momentum addition, tensor operators, Wigner-Eckarttheorem
- Spin correlation and Bell's inequality
- Symmetry in quantum mechanics: conservation laws and degeneracies, parity, time-reversal symmetry
- Approximation methods: the interaction picture, time-dependent perturbation theory
- Scattering theory: Lippmann-Schwinger equation, Born approximation, optical theorem, method of partial waves
Term: Spring Period: 2
Coordinator: Ferdi Aryasetiawan
LTH course code:FMFN10